Are you familiar with our PDP One-Handed Joystick? If you’ve already got yours hopefully you know the input buttons can be fully remapped with the Xbox Accessories App on either the Xbox One console or a Windows 10 PC when using the Xbox Adaptive Controller in conjunction with the PDP One Handed Joystick!
Not sure how to remap the buttons? We’re hoping this how-to can help you get started:
|HID device||Position on PDP One-handed Joystick||Left USB 2.0 port||Right USB 2.0 port|
|Button 1||On the front face where you rest your index finger||X1||View|
|Button 2||On the front face where you rest your middle finger||X2||Menu|
|Thumb stick||Top face||Press and hold to change the function of the top and bottom buttons||Press and hold to change the function of the top and bottom buttons|
|Button 3||Top button on the front face where you rest your index finger||Left stick (left press)||Right stick (right press)|
|Button 4||Bottom button on the front face where you rest your middle finger||Left bumper||Right bumper|
NOTE: Depending on the USB ports the joystick is plugged into on the Xbox Adaptive Controller, default mapping will vary.
Specific default inputs can be remapped to any other buttons on the Xbox One controller: Triggers to D-Pad direction, or A, B, X, or Y. One way to remap the buttons for the PDP One Handed Joystick is to remap the corresponding 3.5mm jack for the given default.
Follow this step by step guide to remap Button 1 on the joystick from X1 to A
- Open the Xbox Accessories App with the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
- Scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller and select Configure.
- Select New profile, name your profile, and configure your changes. Any button reassigned will also apply to other inputs with the same value. Example: if you reassign D-pad down on the face of the controller to the Y button then the D-pad down 5mm port will also be assigned to the Y button.
- On the Mapping Page select the X1
- Select Primary and choose A Button.
- Press the B button to back out to the Mapping Screen.
- Map any other buttons you want to change and then press the B Button from the mapping screen to return to the Profiles screen.
- Highlight the saved profile you have created and press the A Button. This will highlight the Choose Slot dropdown Menu. Select 3 user profile slots.
- To edit mappings in this profile, select the profile from the list and choose the Pencil (edit) icon. This will return you to the Mapping editor.
- Press the B button when finished.
You can assign a slot for up to three profiles. Press the Profile button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller to switch between them. The controller is using the default button mapping when no bars appear lit next to the Profile button.
Any questions? Make sure you reach out to us on social @pdpgaming.
Are you enjoying your PDP One-Handed Joystick? Let us know!